My voice was almost gone
Notes on week 863
- 863 3 augustus 2015 EN
With these weeknotes I track and archive whatever it is I spend my time on. They’re public so you can keep me in check.
Last week I tried to write every day, which I succeeded at on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday. I committed everything to the Codeglue SVN daily, and added 2100 words to the Geometry Girl app book project repository in total. Meanwhile, Tim continued working on wireframes.
I still had some motivational issues, which I tried to fix by 1. telling myself it’s OK if summer is slow, 2. doing some planning for the final week before my vacation (this week) and 3. working on the one thing I did somehow feel like: the next version of this website. Which needs to be done, but is not a priority.
On Friday I met up with Caryn ’t Hart on the terrain of the Parade festival. Without noticing it a cold had built up during the day, and my voice was almost gone, perhaps explaining the lack of energy earlier in the week. I still managed to brief Caryn about the hybrid writer concept, which might just lead to a TedX Delft talk next year. Which I’d fancy.
Finally, in the ‘random’ category, I…
- Filed my quarterly revenue taxes. (These weeknotes are interesting, huh?)
- Visited BoosterMedia in Amsterdam, where founder and CEO Laurens Rutten told me all about his company and his perspective on the games industry, and gave me a tour too, which was educational.
- Ran into journalist and musical star Harry on a street corner after that, completely serendipitously. We decided to have lunch together, during which I got to try on his Apple Watch, the first one I’d seen in the wild. I forgot to test the haptic feedback effect though, which I was curious about.
- #hobbydevved, during which I succesfully switched my roguelike prototype to mouse/touch controls (from keyboard controls) and got my feedback message system working for both enemies and player.
- Visited Nemo with my oldest daughter, which was great.
Average step count per day: 7.012
Average staircase count per day: 12
Average sleep per night: 7:16
Average weight: 91,2 kg