Tiny sticky notes
Notes on week 864
- 864 13 augustus 2015 EN
With these weeknotes I track and archive whatever it is I spend my time on. They’re public so you can keep me in check.
Last week I read most of the Personal Kanban book by Jim Benson and Tonianne DeMaria Barry, and set up my first personal kanban in a notebook with tiny sticky notes (as I don’t want my current To-Do’s to be software-only or worse: web-based). I like the system so far. It fits well with what I already had, but with an emphasis on workflow, visualisation of work and self-analysis.
I worked on Geometry Girl, managing to write a little, but not as much as I wanted. I did work with Tim on wireframes and Saskia on animations, and shared the results with the team. I also met up with Nina Polak at the office of De Correspondent, where we discussed my app book plans, among other things.
Most of the week I was busy with Free Birds though, the museum game with Hubbub. Because of my current vacation (yes, these notes were written at an actual campsite), I could contribute to just one week of a 3-week sprint; all of Thursday and most of Monday and Friday were spent on it, and some of Wednesday. But I finished the job!
Finally, in the ‘random’ category, I…
- Wrote a new column for KIJK, about making games.
- Visited Two Tribes, where (now) ex-intern Jim walked me through RIVE’s levels so I could update the story/mission document and plan out the game’s conversations.
- #hobbydevved with Hessel, mostly reorganising the notes for my game prototype and thinking aloud about changing the setup going forward.
- Met up with Sytze Schalk again to talk about his writing and perhaps doing some mentoring later on.
- Wrote an article for the catalog of the Dutch Film Festival about stories and games. Lots of talk about the nature of games in there.
- Rewatched Southland Tales.
- Got a haircut!
Average step count per day: 8.047
Average staircase count per day: 8
Average sleep per night: 7:19
Average weight: 91,1 kg