It devoured my week
Notes on week 869
- 869 15 september 2015 EN
With these weeknotes I track and archive whatever it is I spend my time on. They’re public so you can keep me in check.
Last week was supposed to be easygoing. I’d quietly tinker with museum game Vrije Vogels for Hubbub, shooter RIVE for Two Tribes and my own app book Geometry Girl. However, on Monday at around noon Pim Bouman of Gamious called me to help out on a grant proposal. Deadline in just over a week. It just devoured my week. On top of that I caught a cold, so besides working on the Gamious proposal and finishing the current Vrije Vogels sprint with Kars, Alper and Tim, I barely did anything else.
Actually, a couple of things. I…
- Met up with journalists Joe van Burik and Menno Woudt, the first just to talk shop, the second to discuss escape rooms for an article in 7Days.
- Watched the Apple keynote on Wednesday. Let’s just pretend that you need another random person on the internet telling you what they thought about the announcements: I was a little underwhelmed by the vision for Apple TV (if you can call “we’ll let developers make apps and we’ll see what happens” a vision) and surprised myself by deeply wanting to use an Apple Pencil. I’ll probably buy the Apple TV and not the iPad Pro with Pencil though.
- #hobbydevved with Hessel, continuing work on my platformer prototype.
- Was a single-parent family during the weekend, as the wife was away. I visited two museums with my daughters, among other things.
- Watched two mumblecore classics back-to-back, Drinking Buddies and Frances Ha. Felt all inspired afterwards, but then didn’t have any time to write.
Average step count per day: 8.022
Average staircase count per day: 15
Average sleep per night: 7:05
Average weight: 89,0 kg