I fixed it around 1:30 AM
Notes on week 886
- 886 12 januari 2016 EN
With these weeknotes I track and archive whatever it is I spend my time on. They’re public so you can keep me in check.
After all the holiday hold-ups I was happy to get back into the groove last week. I finished a bunch of smaller tasks and cleaned out my backlog, formulating a new ‘moon plan’ for the coming month (not learning nearly enough from last time, simply pushing most unfinished projects from last month to the next). It still felt good enough to get a celebratory haircut.
Less good: I got so excited that it was hard to slow my brain down and fall asleep at night; my sleep average was an hour less than the week before (see below). Here’s some of what I did to get into that state. I…
- Attended a talk by David Allen, the author of productivity bible Getting Things Done, in the Westerkerk in Amsterdam. He even signed the new edition of his book for me. I then wrote a column about GTD for KIJK.
- Spent a day at the Dutch Foundation for Literature, together with the Gamefonds committee, to judge five literary game prototypes. I was really happy with the quality of the work presented.
- Did a bunch of RIVE work, visiting Two Tribes on Thursday. Among other things, I polished the story stuff in the first mission, so that SonicPicnic can do a proper voice-acting test. I also wrote a blogpost about the upcoming PS4 version of Toki Tori 2+, which is not online yet.
- Posted a short interview with the maker of World War One shooter Verdun on the Dutch Games Association platform.
- Edited an Antegods development blogpost for Codeglue.
- Worked on a plan with Jasper at VPRO.
- Had coffee with Eelco of Beamer. Among other things, I showed him my Geometry Girl prototype, and he gave me feedback, which was constructive. While on the topic of the app, I also got a new build from Hoog + Diep, fixing a small problem that makes it much easier to confidently demo the thing.
- #hobbydevved with Hessel. I’d been adding some of my own pixels graphics to my Game Maker prototype recently, but this time I got stuck on a really stupid programming mistake. I fixed it around 1:30 AM, and then I couldn’t sleep.
Average step count per day: 9.568
Average staircase count per day: 12
Average sleep per night: 6:50
Average weight: 87,9 kg