Notes on week 904
- 904 16 mei 2016 EN
With these weeknotes I publicly track and archive whatever it is I spend my time on.
Once again, last week was centered on finishing shooter/platformer RIVE’s story. I spent three days at Two Tribes and managed to get to the end of the game! Well, almost: the final boss is not finished yet, so I had to work around that. But I did do a first in-game version of the story outro. And I fixed the story intro, together with Martijn. Next up: a tweaking pass, after which the game will be tested, which’ll then lead to a final pass.
What else? I…
- Worked with Saskia and Maurice to create a new development build of the Geometry Girl app.
- Structured my hybrid writing research, outlining around 10 blog posts. I hope to finish half of those before the end of the quarter, to fulfill my OKR’s and the requirements for my Creative Industries Fund NL grant.
- Had a pleasant post-TEDxDelft chat with curator Caryn ’t Hart while we’re awaiting the video’s of the event.
- Wrote a column for KIJK, an appreciation of Her, the Spike Jonze movie, and a hopeful look at the future of AI assistants.
- Started my article for the Fall issue of Boekman, about literary product innovation. I’m cramming lots of my research on literary games and hybrid writing stuff in there, and will finish it this week.
- Quickly sketched another article I have to get done soon, for Dropstuff.nl, about their #BigArtRide project.
- #hobbydevved with Hessel, getting deeper into Unity. I’m starting to get a grip on how it works, I think: I see some things that are harder (more complicated and verbose) than in Game Maker, but also a lot more possibilities. Later in the week this lead to a cool Unity project idea, which I wrote down.
- Went sailing with my friends Filip and Sander. It was a lot windier than we’d thought, making for a rough ride that left us cold and soaked. Afterwards we warmed ourselves with some mini-croquettes, and I took a hot bath when I got home. It was fantastic.
Average step count per day: 8.873
Average staircase count per day: 9
Average sleep per night: 7:30
Average weight: 87,0 kg