Quick holiday notes, part 1
Notes on week 913
- 913 23 juli 2016 EN
With these weeknotes I publicly track and archive whatever it is I spend my time on.
I haven’t gone on vacation yet, but am getting a lot done so I can comfortably leave a couple of days from now. Which didn’t leave a lot of time for weeknotes. However, I’ve never missed them and didn’t want to skip them now… So for the next couple of weeks, expect my work blogs to take a somewhat less elaborate shape.
- Made a new list of OKR’s (Objectives and Key Results) for the new quarter and looked back at the last one; I scored just 0.46 (out of 1) on average, even with some of the key results set way too conservatively. I hope the next round will prove to be more realistic.
- Spent some evenings at home and a day at Two Tribes working on RIVE. I was getting really close to finishing the story parts of our platformer/shooter.
- Wrote a blog post about the story of Antegods for Codeglue.
- Tried to get into a daily writing routine for Geometry Girl but didn’t quite achieve it; I did so some useful work on the story structure though.
- Wrote a new Radio Laika episode for the literary podcast Ondercast, and sent the script off to actor Amy van der Weerden.
- Had a long but really fun Amsterdam meetings day, talking to Tessa at The Next Speaker, Frank, Tomas at Nieuw Amsterdam and Daniël and Walter at Das Mag.
- During the rest of the week, I had a few others meetings, including Sarah of Kleinkunstig, Robert and Dore.
- Saw NWR’s The Neon Demon, which I thought was gorgeous and crazy. I give it five stars!
- In family news, I was really happy for my sister and her boyfriend as their daughter Leyla entered this world healthily and beautifully. Also, my own 7-year-old went sailing all week, which made me a super proud dad.
Average step count per day: 8.857
Average staircase count per day: 11
Average sleep per night: 6:52
Average weight: 86,9 kg