I took the train to Cologne
Notes on week 918
- 918 23 augustus 2016 EN
With these weeknotes I publicly track and archive whatever it is I spend my time on.
Last week on Thursday I took the train to Cologne for Gamescom, Europe’s biggest games show. The shooter/platformer RIVE I worked on (that’s now finished and comes out on September 13th!) had a small stand at something called the Indie Arena Booth, which I manned until Sunday together with Collin and Mariska. We did a bunch of interviews and presentations including one on game streaming platform Twitch (where I took the photo below).
The days were long and tiring, but it was great to see people play and enjoy the game we worked on so hard, especially those who returned later to play more (some even pre-ordered the game right there). I also shot a lot of footage for a potential Gamescom vlog; let’s see whether I can find the time to put it together.
What else? I…
- Wrote some Geometry Girl stuff.
- Checked in with Rob and Paul at Get out of here, who I’m helping out with a new escape room’s storyline.
- Had tea with Niels Bakker of Stichting Lezen.
- Watched Lo and Behold, the Werner Herzog documentary about the internet, and wrote a short review about it for KIJK. The magazine also put an older column of mine online about Her, AI and conversational interfaces.
- Visited my dad who is leaving for Thailand this month, and will stay there semi-permanently.
Average step count per day: 6.487
Average staircase count per day: 9
Average sleep per night: 6:47
Average weight: 87,6