Notes on week 931
- 931 20 november 2016 EN
With these weeknotes I publicly track and archive whatever it is I spend my time on.
This week on Thursday I traveled to post-Brexit England for a couple of days. My trip pretty much took place on the stretch you see to the right. I landed at Gatwick Airport, visited Saskia at Goldsmiths University, caught up with Martijn and Jo and stayed at their house a.k.a. the Snap Finger Click office.
Martijn and I attended the exposition and some of the talks during WordPlay London at the British Library (photo below by Martijn), which was interesting but also leaned a bit too much towards interactive fiction for my tastes. My friend Takashi joined us there too, and I had dinner with him afterwards. I’m back at Gatwick as I type this, waiting for my plane home.
What else? I…
- Visited Codeglue to talk about procedural text stuff as well as strategy/funding/marketing for Antegods, both the game and the comic.
- Visited Two Tribes, working on RIVE marketing and development, including translations work for the next update and a quick draft of a blog post.
- Read Dutch Foundation for Literature digital literature talent development grant applications for the committee meeting next week.
- Did a small translation job for SonicPicnic.
- Wrote a new Radio Laika, and sent it off to actor Amy van der Weerden for voice-over work. It’ll be in Ondercast at the end of the month.
- #hobbydevved with Hessel. I continued getting to grips with Unity, changing some boolean 2D arrays to GameObject 2D arrays. (So the player object can easily see who the enemy objects on the grid next to him are, of course.)
Average step count per day: 8.646
Average staircase count per day: 17
Average sleep per night: 6:28
Average weight: 88,6