With a cloudy head
Notes on week 873
- 873 15 oktober 2015 EN
With these weeknotes I track and archive whatever it is I spend my time on. They’re public so you can keep me in check.
As I near the 4-year anniversary of doing these weeknotes (I started on October 24, 2011 as I was in week 666 of my independent working life), I’m a bit distracted with a cloudy head and lots of small To-Do’s. So let’s get it over with quickly for a change. Last week I…
- Started teaching my practical writing class to Utrecht School of the Arts Games & Interaction students again. This is the second round, and it’s nice to use last time’s insights and ideas.
- Worked on Geometry Girl, mostly on the schedule, updating design docs and preparing for the application of the Renew the Book contest. I also worked on app screens with Saskia.
- Checked in with Two Tribes as they geared up to show RIVE at the Firstlook Festival here in Utrecht; I’m slowly feeding my writing into the game and the consensus seemed to be that it adds something to the experience. We also worked on improving the functionality of the in-game text system.
- Did an interview with Self Made Miracle founder Teun Westenenk for the Dutch Games Association platform, about the launch of Penarium.
- Wrote a KIJK column about self-driving cars, just as an old (and somewhat anachronistic) one was published online.
- Played board games on Friday evening, including 7 Wonders.
- Watched my oldest daughter get her swimming certificate. Yay!
Average step count per day: 9.331
Average staircase count per day: 11
Average sleep per night: 6:54
Average weight: 88,7 kg