Some kind of shape
Notes on week 920
- 920 7 september 2016 EN
With these weeknotes I publicly track and archive whatever it is I spend my time on.
Last week I continued trying to get my reading app business in some kind of shape. Menno helped, and I talked about it with Niek. I got a lot of my notes and To-Do’s sorted out (an ongoing, infinite process) and spent two days writing a report about the research project subsidized by the Creative Industries Fund NL, that I finished at the end of June.
I also worked on the Geometry Girl story, polishing two chapters and sending them to my editor. Work on that will continue in October, when I’ll be in the Translators’ House in Amsterdam for two weeks. A really cool opportunity afforded to me by the Dutch Foundation for Literature.
Speaking of which, I was at the Foundation again, this time with Liesbeth, talking about a small research thing we’re doing, interviewing ‘digital pioneers’ in literature. The Vereniging van Letterkundigen is involved as well.
What else? I…
- Received the latest issue of Boekman, a magazine for the cultural policy field, with my article about literary product innovation such as writerly games and digital literature. I may be able to put the piece online later on.
- Wrote a short op-ed about story experiences and feedback loops for the final 609 publication of the Dutch Cultural Media Fund, as the organisation is winding down.
- Two Tribes was at the PAX games show in Seattle to promote RIVE, our shooter/platformer hybrid coming out on PS4 and Steam next week. Among other things, it was announced we’ll be in the Indiebox, an awesome subscription service getting you monthly collector’s editions of great indie games. I worked on materials that’ll be in the box, all of which are nice and some are quite surprising. The (paper!) manual is the most work, and I didn’t manage to finish that.
- Nearly got finished with the story for escape room Get out of here’s next room, including the script for a teaser trailer based on a fun idea we came up with.
- Picked up the #hobbydev Wednesday night game development habit with Hessel, after it lay dormant for all of summer… I updated Unity, looked at what I was making and what the challenges were again, and sketched out some new ideas that may in fact be forgotten old ideas.
- Got acquainted with Arnout Visscher.
- Got an expensive leather sleeve for my MacBook, as the cheap old one had already broken.
Average step count per day: 9.809
Average staircase count per day: 12
Average sleep per night: 7:06
Average weight: 87,6