- 845 30 maart 2015 EN
What’s this? I’m blogging about my work on a weekly basis – a simple way to track and archive whatever it is I spend my time on.
Thursday, March 26th saw the deadline of the Support for Development of European Video Games grant application, so last week was all about finishing up plans for my clients Codeglue (for team-based 2D shooter Antegods) and Two Tribes (for shooter/platformer RIVE). That last one was a bit of a race, and I missed working on my #hobbydev isometric crane project again to finish it, but we turned in something worthwhile in the end.
On Wednesday I did a talk at De lezer van nu (‘Today’s reader’), the conference of the Dutch Reading Foundation, which promotes reading. I discussed my hybrid writing activities and ideas for about an hour, focussing on the pre-production of the Geometry Girl novella, and the plans I have for its companion app. From what I could gather, the talk was received quite well.
Finally, in the ‘random’ category, I…
- Gave my second practical writing class to Games & Interaction students at the HKU. The group was split in two for the first time, so I had to do it twice with just a ten-minute break. Another interesting learning experience.
- Visited Daniël Ernst, who’s working on the narrative VR project The Shoebox Diorama. So much is happening right now, both in game auteurship and VR, that I could talk to guys like Daniël forever, figuratively.
- Had two short game reviews printed in nrc.next on Wednesday: my piece on the beautiful Ori and the Blind Forest and Harry Hol on Sid Meier’s Starships, which I edited.
- Published my review of the New Nintendo 3DS on this very website, from February, on Friday: Na ruim tien jaar DS’en is de rek er wel uit.
- Made some invoices, cleaned out my notes register. Then had a kids’ birthday party on Saturday, which was rather exhausting.
Average step count per day: 6.400
Average staircase count per day: 9
Average weight: 89,2 kg