Objectives and key results
Notes on week 901
- 901 25 april 2016 EN
With these weeknotes I publicly track and archive whatever it is I spend my time on.
Last week I decided to switch from my (still relatively new) monthly planning system to something more akin to OKR, scheduling my work a quarter at a time. I’m holding on to the moon phases, which now simply occur three times each. I also finalized my objectives and key results (OKRs) for the current quarter; let’s see how it goes.
Most of my time went into my two biggest projects, RIVE and Geometry Girl. For the shooter/platformer game I spent two days at Two Tribes, getting back into the game editor groove, as the story deadline was set on May 13th.
For the app book, activities were more scattered: among other things I pondered actually writing again, and had a meeting with Dennis to discuss the presentation of the research behind the app at the Future of Publishing Summit in June.
Other than that, I…
- Read the latest version of Dore’s interactive fiction work and talked about it with her. Dore is the creative writing student I’m mentoring on her graduation project. She just finished her first draft, which is pretty good already, though a lot can still be done to make it better, as per usual. The second draft, which she’ll turn in just as I finish RIVE, is the one I’ll proofread in detail.
- Visited Q42 in The Hague to meet Rahul, Benjamin and Richard, play their Early Access game Intergalactic Road Warriors and give feedback.
- Met up with Pim at Gamious, discussing a project that we’ll hold off on for now, as well as my app book.
- #hobbydevved with Hessel, fixing a vexing bug in my puzzle shooter prototype!
- Bought a 9,7 inch iPad Pro with an Apple Pencil, which I’m stunned by. It’s so precise and direct, it simply beats drawing on paper and makes me seem like a much better artist (Undo helps too). I’m totally trying to find ways to make drawing a part of my work now.
Average step count per day: 7.500
Average staircase count per day: 15
Average sleep per night: 7:02
Average weight: 86,7 kg