Notes on week 874
- 874 19 oktober 2015 EN
With these weeknotes I track and archive whatever it is I spend my time on. They’re public so you can keep me in check.
It’s proved a very useful tool for a sole propietorship to structure its dealings. During normal weeks I sit down on Mondays to go through the previous week (what went well, what didn’t, and why) and plan for the week ahead. This then takes the practical form of weeknotes and a new spread in my notebook, with broadly prioritized projects and tasks.
These days I wouldn’t know where my time went without my weeknotes. That they’re published online for all to see is really just a byproduct, although I guess it helps to keep it honest.
I liked reading edition 666 again. Back then I wrote an article that’s still a favorite; I’ve been doing a lot less journalism since. Actually, three of the publications I was involved with don’t exist anymore, including my own Bashers.nl, which I had huge ambitions for before closing it down a year later. And though I mention some fiction writing and working for Toki Tori 2, the hybrid writer hadn’t been invented yet.
Well, let’s keep a good thing going and recap last week. I…
- Spent most of Monday finishing the Renew the Book application for Geometry Girl, including a pitch video… to be turned down on Friday. I was kind of surprised not to be invited for a second round, but, you know, you can’t always prosper. As I told the team, the good news is that we’re still awesome.
- Spent all of Tuesday at HKU getting briefed on the school’s inner workings and how to be a better, more creative teacher. Which was educational.
- Had coffee with Sigfrid for the first time in ages. I liked catching up with him.
- Went to a Blendle thing with Jurjen on Thursday, as he is a curator there. It was fun to see founder Marten Blankesteijn talking to the crowd, showing off his super-involved CEO magic, and also to win the quiz. A day later I posted an article by Jurjen on the DGA platform, about Keoken’s Deliver us the Moon.
- Visited Two Tribes on Friday, where RIVE is really taking shape now. I’m lagging behind a bit, but worked hard on naming things and getting my notes organised so I can integrate more writing into the game soon. Finally, I worked on Toki Tori for Wii U and some RIVE marketing materials.
Average step count per day: 10.207
Average staircase count per day: 11
Average sleep per night: 7:26
Average weight: 88,4 kg