OK, and for fun
Notes on week 879
- 879 23 november 2015 EN
With these weeknotes I track and archive whatever it is I spend my time on. They’re public so you can keep me in check.
Last week I focused on RIVE, spending both Tuesday and Friday at Two Tribes, as well as a non-insignificant amount of evening hours. I revisited and reworked the monolog and dialog text in the game’s first third, as new story tools became available. Most importantly: a prototype of the main character’s robot companion/adversary. Additionally I tried to figure out the game’s menu system (and the metaphor behind it), tinkered with fonts and recorded temporary voices for demo purposes. OK, and for fun.
Audio was a recurring pattern, as I also recorded the narrative framework of my Tim Laning podcast for the Dutch Games Association. I finished the basic edit; after tweaking it here and there, I should be able to post it this week.
Then there was the short story I wrote and recorded for the Christmas episode of Dutch literary audiozine Ondercast, called De man die alles wist (‘The man who knew everything’). I really enjoy writing fiction for recording purposes!
- Knocked some boring administrative tasks that’d started forming a heap off my list. That was a relieve.
- Visited a CB event about e-books, here in Utrecht. It was informative and, at times, inspiring.
- Worked on a proposal for a TV show about video games. It’s one of these neverending projects that I doubt will ever happen, though the prospect is so good I’ll keep pushing the idea forward whenever I can.
- Didn’t really get to Geometry Girl, although a new strategy for the project’s engineering was decided upon. As a third party will start work on it this week, I revised the pitchdeck and blueprint. The hope is that they’ll lay a robust foundation by Christmas.
- Had a diabetes check-up at the doctor; the metrics are looking good enough for me to start cutting down on medication. Progress!
- Had dinner with my father and sisters on Friday, as my old man prepared for his three-month trip to Thailand. He’s going there to visit his brother and, presumably, for lots of exciting post-retirement adventure. On Sunday we waved goodbye at Schiphol Airport.
Average step count per day: 9.244
Average staircase count per day: 18
Average sleep per night: 6:04
Average weight: 88,2 kg