Notes on week 881
- 881 9 december 2015 EN
With these weeknotes I track and archive whatever it is I spend my time on. They’re public so you can keep me in check.
Last week was all about Sinterklaas festivities, as I prepared for a long weekend with my side of the family in a holiday home in windy Spijkerboor. I’d taken it upon myself to write four poems, for which my ambition was unreasonably high, while I also had to prepare for a digital literature subsidy committee meeting by reading a towering stack of proposals. It was all rather stressful, but I managed to do it, mostly to my satisfaction.
Another high point was checking in with Hoog + Diep, where Tjeerd works hard to develop the first version of the Geometry Girl app. It’s improving with leaps and bounds, and I helped out with updated specs for things like typography. It created a huge urge to write, and although I didn’t have much time, I managed to throw out a very quick draft of a later chapter.
What else? I…
- Posted my Tim Laning podcast for the Dutch Games Association. Do listen to it if you’re interested in the Dutch games industry, as Laning has a lot of valid things to say. I also visited the DGA Day in Leeuwarden.
- Wrote a new technology column for KIJK.
- Checked in with Wytze and Tom at Codeglue to talk through Antegods story stuff again. We’re getting closer to something we can present to the rest of the team. I also edited the first development update for their blog.
- Couldn’t visit Two Tribes, but cheered them on as they launched the RIVE website, which I helped create. They also published a status update announcing that the game won’t come out this year, surprising nobody.
- Met with Tim Hengeveld for coffee and catch-up
- #hobbydevved with Hessel, but didn’t do that much.
Average step count per day: 6.860
Average staircase count per day: 15
Average sleep per night: 7:07
Average weight: 87,8 kg