A crashing starship
Notes on week 888
- 888 25 januari 2016 EN
With these weeknotes I publically track and archive whatever it is I spend my time on.
Last week was a short week (and a funkily numbered one, 222 weeks after I started this thing), as I returned from the snowy Ardennes late Monday afternoon. I was quite tired afterwards, and not super-productive, coincidentally skipping significant beats on my 10.000-steps-a-day goal.
I decided to focus on the next version of this site, including a new logo. Both site and logo have been in the works for a while, and this time I brushed up on my bezier curves and beat the logo into shape. I’m sure I’ll tweak it more, but this is the basic vignette; also note the darker color scheme.
As you can see, it’s a crashing starship, referring to my sole proprietorship, Anticlimax, which was named after a ship in an old comic book of mine. I hardly ever use that name in the wild, but I like the idea of expressing the underlying self-mockery more broadly.
What else? I…
- Spread the news about the two literary games the Dutch Foundation of Literature is funding together with the Game Fund; I was part of the jury committee and am very happy with this result: Literatuur en games komen samen in vernieuwende producties.
- Edited an article by Jurjen on digital card game Shattered Worlds, which is being developed in his hometown, for the Dutch Games Association website: Visiting Black Zeppelin in Assen.
- Visited Pim at Gamious to talk about a potential re-submission for a proposal we collaborated on before.
- Visited Two Tribes to work on RIVE.
- Had dinner with Nils and Rob, with a liquid nitrogen dessert as sciency highlight.
- Drove to Breda to interview Maciej Sulecki, senior designer of civilians-in-wartime game This War of Mine. I used it mostly as research input for the plan I have to deliver to the VPRO soon.
- Continuing the previous week’s theme of strong weather, I got stuck in suburbian Amersfoort with broken wipers on Friday, waiting for roadside assistance in the cold for nearly two hours. I hardly ever use the car on workdays, and I’m not about to change that now. (I also need a new car.)
Average step count per day: 5.574
Average staircase count per day: 10
Average sleep per night: 7:12
Average weight: 88,6 kg