Notes on week 897
- 897 29 maart 2016 EN
With these weeknotes I publicly track and archive whatever it is I spend my time on.
Last week, work on the Geometry Girl app book started back up, as I tinkered with screens and buttons with Saskia. Code should also get going again soon. Additionally, I worked my way through a huge pile of hybrid writer’s research notes, mostly moving them onto a bunch of new piles, obviously.
Other than that, it was a rather mellow week. I…
- Wrote up some preliminary escape room story notes and sent them off as a proposal.
- Did some RIVE stuff, but not a lot (that’s for this week).
- #hobbydevved with Hessel, finally getting my bump attack movement working. That was on Wednesday evening, and on Friday I continued working on my puzzle shooter prototype. I first got some small tasks out of the way, then started a big rewrite, structuring enemy data differently so I can refer to it more easily. It’s now a big mess, so I hope to jump back in soon and get everything sorted.
- Read Derek Yu’s Spelunky book, which reminded me of my interview with Derek and gave me some ideas for my own game development.
- Played Davey Wreden’s The Beginner’s Guide with Geert, which was really interesting.
- Met up with Rahul (and Nils and Nieske), had burgers and beers and watched Anomalisa. I got acquainted with Rahul in the nineties, and we worked together on my Zelda website, but that was all online. We’d never actually met in the flesh. And it was good to finally do that.
- Sold my iPad Air to my dad, and planned to get the new iPad Pro Apple announced. But I’m not in a hurry.
- Celebrated Mia’s birthday as she turned seven. (Seven!)
Average step count per day: 7.743
Average staircase count per day: 16
Average sleep per night: 7:07
Average weight: 86,3 kg