Repercussions for the symbol
Notes on week 902
- 902 3 mei 2016 EN
With these weeknotes I publicly track and archive whatever it is I spend my time on.
With the deadline coming up, last week I focused on getting all of the story and dialog in RIVE, the shooter/platformer I’m working on with Two Tribes. I was at their office on Tuesday and Friday, spending far too much time on Mission 8. Missions 9 and 10 should be a lot quicker, while most of the work left to do is in Missions 11 and 12 (the final one). And after that, tons and tons of tweaking.
I also worked on my app novel Geometry Girl, visiting Maurice at Codeglue (the code department) together with Saskia (the art department), discussing how we’d tackle the main symbol animation. Afterwards I spent some time refactoring the story in 8 chapters instead of the previously planned 10 (which has repercussions for the symbol too). I’m itching to write again, but probably won’t until RIVE is finished.
What else? I…
- Did a hybrid writer talk during The Hmm on Saturday, at the Volkshotel in Amsterdam: 20 slides in 5 minutes, me talking way too fast without catching my breath, holding an index card with notes that I didn’t even look at. Some of the slides were drawn on my new iPad; I’m hoping to make that a recurring feature.
- Met up with Sytze in Gouda, halfway between The Hague and Utrecht. I’m helping him on the literary side of his megalomanic world-building interactive theater and games project De Wentel, and I’m happy to be able to say I’m slowly starting to understand all of his plans, so we’re able to discuss them at a somewhat deeper level.
- Edited a new Antegods blogpost for the team at Codeglue.
- #hobbydevved with Hessel, doing more iPad drawing, this time for my puzzle shooter prototype. I tried to figure out a new hand-drawn visual style on my iPad Pro, and looked at ways to import my work in Game Maker without ugly aliasing effects.
- Did my quarterly revenue taxes on the morning of King’s Day, and somehow ended up at the fairground in Geldrop in the afternoon. Then on Sunday we celebrated my youngest daughter Sun’s fifth birthday.
Average step count per day: 8.272
Average staircase count per day: 13
Average sleep per night: 7:08
Average weight: 86,8 kg