Rewrote and delivered
Notes on week 924
- 924 3 oktober 2016 EN
With these weeknotes I publicly track and archive whatever it is I spend my time on.
Last week I rewrote and delivered the script for the Antegods comic, which artist Robin Keijzer then started work on. This week he’ll finish the sketched page layouts and start the line work. The character designs he did early last week already looked amazing.
I also finished the slides for my RIVE talk, which I gave at the Control Conference on Wednesday, here in Utrecht, in Tivoli Vredenburg (photo by Arno Landsbergen). The room was nicely filled and people seemed to be engaged; I’d love to do the RIVE talk more often. Later in the day I presented a track (featuring Manuel Kerssemakers of Abbey Games, Stephanie van Lith – van Geel of Game Drive and Joris Dormans of Ludomotion) and attended the speakers’ dinner.
The rest of last week was mostly spent on my new Creative Industries Fund NL reading app grant application. Menno helped me out a lot, and I sent the plan to various third parties for feedback and commitment. On Friday I had coffee with Sytze, who is also participating. This week I’ll be able to finish it all and send it off. Hopefully.
What else? I…
- Was at the Indigo Showcase, demo’ing RIVE to shiny happy people for four hours. On Friday I had dinner with Martijn, Stefan and Joost to talk about RIVE’s marketing strategy for the coming year or so, which was inspiring.
- Met up with Suzanne, Marcel and Arnoud to discuss a new website about digital literature.
- Visited Pim Bouman at the new Gamious office in Haarlem, talking about RIVE and Geometry Girl.
- Discovered that KIJK put my last tech column online, about Hello Ruby, the programming book for children by Linda Liukas.
- Wrote the ‘Kulum’ for Power Unlimited, a personal profile by someone in the games industry, which should be in the magazine’s next issue.
- Did some of the planning for my trip to the Frankfurter Buchmesse later this month.
- Left for the Amsterdam Translators’ House on Saturday night. I’ll work on the Geometry Girl text there for two weeks, trying to get a very polished first draft finished.
Average step count per day: 7.666
Average staircase count per day: 9
Average sleep per night: 6:14
Average weight: 87,5