Old and new acquaintances
Notes on week 891
- 891 17 februari 2016 EN
With these weeknotes I publically track and archive whatever it is I spend my time on.
Last week was ‘interpersonal week’ according to the moon plan, so I tried bundling a bunch of meetings with old and new acquaintances, including:
- Arnoud Haverlag at Backspace. I told him about my digital writing and reading ideas, showed him my Geometry Girl prototype, and he gave me his entrepreneurial/startuppy point of view, which was super useful.
- Koen Caris, a playwright who wanted to get to know me. It was fun to exchange hybrid writing ideas.
- Tim van Polen, a PR and communications guy who seemed to be more into the games than the hybrid writing.
- Stefan Keerssemeeckers, my old fellow games journalist. Once in a while we get together to have too much filter coffee and talk about the crummy state of the world. He’s also going to be a dad, which officially gives us the right to complain about random things?
- Nick Kivits, another old fellow journalist who’s going to be a dad. He had two specialty beers, I had three, which was probably taking it too far.
What else? I…
- Was invited to judge for the Gekko and Kameleon awards and started testing a few apps. If you make book (spin-off) apps for children, be sure to submit your work before the end of the week.
- Posted my official response to the NRC games article, as I already mentioned last week: Waarom het NRC-artikel over de Nederlandse gamesector niet deugt.
- Wrote an article for the magazine of the Frans Hals Museum in Haarlem, about The Sims and dollhouses, by their special request.
- Worked with Jasper Koning at VPRO, putting quite a few hours into the plan for a TV show I came up with. The plan is almost finished now; its future is highly uncertain.
- #hobbydevved with Hessel, working on my turn-based puzzle shooter. I added a new type of enemy that, at semi-random intervals, drills a hole in the ground to then jumps to random places on the field.
- Visited Two Tribes for RIVE and Toki Tori+ for PlayStation 4 stuff, including a pretty new website that’s gone live by the time you read this.
Average step count per day: 8.182
Average staircase count per day: 11
Average sleep per night: 7:02
Average weight: 86,5 kg