Notes on week 882
- 882 14 december 2015 EN
With these weeknotes I track and archive whatever it is I spend my time on. They’re public so you can keep me in check.
Last week I put together a second ‘moon plan’, for the month-long period starting last Saturday, the day after the new moon. So far adding a layer to my schedule has the desired effect: I have a better grip on medium-term goals and there seems to be a more natural cadence to everything. However, it’s hard to tell whether the good vibes are the real deal or just emerge from the excitement of a new scheduling trick.
Much time was taken up by my rush to fit a draft of all my story content into RIVE, including the usual trip to Two Tribes on Friday.
I also worked on Geometry Girl, mainly testing background and text colors, as well as mark-up stuff. I visited Hoog + Diep again, where Tjeerd was putting in good work developing the first version of the app; at the same time my anxiety about everything he won’t be able to do grew, as he’ll work on it for only one more week. Such is life.
Tangentially related: I was inspired by Tjeerd’s use of Trello, not just tracking To-Do’s, but documenting his work too. I borrowed this for my #hobbydev puzzle game (called ‘exploshooter’ for legacy reasons), so I could now tell you exactly what 5 tasks I checked off on Wednesday night and what 3 during my extra session on Saturday night. I won’t, but I’ll share a screenshot for posterity. (The assets are borrowed placeholders. And if you thought “it sure looks ugly, but maybe it’s fun to play”: nope.)
What else? I…
- Spent all of Monday listening to presentations by Dutch Foundation for Literature applicants, and trying to ask them sharp questions. Educational and quite intense!
- Did some work on Codeglue’s Antegods, finishing a new version of the backstory and outline for the companion comic book.
- Learned that Free Birds / Vrije Vogels was released on the iOS App Store by Hubbub. You can only play it at the affiliated war museums, currently just the Airborne Museum in Oosterbeek, but if you happen to be there, try it out! This is something special, especially for a kids’ museum game.
- Taught my writing class to third-year Games & Interaction students at HKU (second run, session 5 out of 5, the of the semester).
- Heard that Mailbox is shutting down, so I spent some time looking for a new e-mail solution. Mailbox wasn’t perfect by a long shot, but it did some really valuable things; I haven’t decided on a replacement yet.
- Played Nuclear Throne.
- Got a christmas tree.
Average step count per day: 8.823
Average staircase count per day: 15
Average sleep per night: 6:48
Average weight: 87,7 kg